Welcome to the home of lovers and the land of hospitality. We hope that you have enjoyed your time in Iran. Shabneshini (Iranian Night Gathering) is one of Iran's long-standing traditions which has left many sweet and memorable memories for Iranians. Iranian families night gatherings have certain customs that are a symbol of Iranians’ family reunion. Some of the elements of Shabneshinis are Korsi (a type of low table with a heater underneath it, and blankets thrown over it), natural snacks such as nuts and dried fruits, drinking tea, reading Ferdowsi’s Shahnameh and most importantly storytelling. At this Traditional Persian Night, we want to make you familiar with this beautiful tradition and show you some of the customs associated with the Iranian night gathering. In fact, Traditional Persian Night tries to make you familiar with Persian culture, customs, traditions, literature and music.
On arrival, you are greeted with a healthy cold fresh traditional Persian drink. This three-hour entertainment begins with playing Persian classical music, and you will be fascinated with the live Setar playing by one of the experienced and skilled musicians. Afterwards, you will enjoy hearing a very famous Persian love story along with Persian music playing.
In a short break you will be served delicious and tasty Yazdi cake as well as flavorful aromatic bitter orange blossom tea. You will also greatly enjoy a friendly chat with other guests and the hosts about Persian culture, customs and traditions. The entertainment goes on with narrating a number of funny and informative anecdotes of Mulla Nasrudin, a very famous Persian character. After that, you will be served a delicious and wholesome three course dinner which includes Shooli Soup, Ghormeh Sabzi and Mast-o-Khiar. In the sidebar you will see a brief description of these dishes and their ingredients. This memorable event takes place in an atmospheric traditional house which is conveniently located in the heart of the old town.
07:00 PM – 08:15 PM Part 1
08:15 PM – 08:45 PM Serving fruits, tea, cake, etc.
08:45 PM – 09:15 PM Part 2
09:15 PM – 10:00 PM Dinner
The event runs every evening
7:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Kohan Hotel, Near to the Museum of Coin and Anthropology, Alley 40, Imam Street, Yazd, Iran
For more information:
+98 935 935 7123
- Welcome Drink
- Fresh Fruits
- Yazdi cake with bitter orange blossom tea
- Homemade Shooli (A special Yazdi soup consisting of beet, onion, dried mint, flour, etc. and its seasoning is vinegar)
- (Non-Veg) Ghormeh Sabzi and Rice (Persian Herb Stew - Its main ingredients are red kidney beans, yellow or red onions, dried Persian limes, turmeric-seasoned lamb or beef and a mix of sautéed fresh herbs, consisting mainly of parsley, leeks or green onions, coriander and seasoned with the key spice of dried fenugreek leaves. The stew is usually served with rice)
- (Veg) Mirza Ghasemi (A smoky-flavored Persian dish - A combination of mashed grilled eggplants, chopped tomatoes, fried minced garlic, and eggs and seasoned with turmeric, salt and black pepper. It is usually served with bread)
- Mast-o-Khiar and Iranian bread (A mix of yogurt, chopped cucumber, dried mint, dried tarragon, and dried damask rose petals served with Iranian bread covered with tasty seeds)
- If you have difficulty sitting on the floor during performance and mealtime, please state in advance so that chairs can be provided.
- The ingredients of all of the dishes have been stated. In case you have allergies to any of these foods or food components, please let us know in advance to make necessary arrangements.